Love Your Neighbor: Holiday Edition
The Gateway family is very generous and loving, and we know you are always looking for ways to serve others in Jesus’ name. You may already have some ideas of how you can show Jesus’ love this holiday season, but here are a few ideas if you need help getting started.
- Show Gratitude: Write notes of gratitude to your child’s teacher, healthcare workers, first responders, service members, mailman, garbage collectors, or neighbor.
- Invite Others to the Table: Invite someone who has no plans for Thanksgiving dinner to join your family. This could be an international student, a widow or widower, or a new family.
- Fill a Pantry: Donate food to Sharing God’s Love or The Cooperative Ministry.
- Serve a Meal: Volunteer to serve a meal at Oliver Gospel Mission anytime during the holiday season. Be sure to register early via their website.
- Acts of Service: Look around and notice who might need some help and encouragement and get your family involved.
- Provide Warmth: Donate a new or gently used coat to warm someone this winter.
- Help a Neighbor: If your neighbors are traveling during the holiday season and you are not, offer to get their mail, water their plants, or feed their pet while they are away.
- Be a Friend: Offer your presence and support to someone who is grieving the loss of a loved one, experiencing an illness, or is going through difficult circumstances.
And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through him to God the Father. Col. 3:17
The Mission Team would love to hear your stories. You can share them with us by clicking here.