Summer Family Mission Challenge
Are you looking for things to do with your children and teens this summer? Here are some things you can do as a family to learn more about God and His heart for people around the world.
- Experience Another Culture
God made all of us and he loves us all so much—no matter where we live or what language we speak! Teach your kids the importance of valuing diversity—and all God’s children around the world—with these fun ideas on experiencing another cultureright from your own community (PDF). (Even though this was created for Cultural Diversity Day on May 21, you can use it to experience Cultural Diversity all summer long.)
Want to start celebrating cultural diversity in your kitchen? Download Wycliffe’s new international cookbook for kids. When you sign up, you’ll also get their monthly email with free activities and lessons for kids.
- Fun Things to Do
Here are a lot of resources from OMF https://omf.org/resources-for-mission/the-task-unfinished/8-fun-ways-children-can-engage-mission/including songs, crafts, summer reading, prayer guides, and projects.
- Read or Listen to Amazing Stories
Christian Heroes Then and Now– I highly recommend this series from YWAM publishing. These books are perfect for family reading or summer reading. Check your local library or audio book apps. I have listened to most of them for free on an app called Hoopla which is available through Richland County and Lexington County libraries. Books can be purchased from YWAM, Amazon or Christianbook.com. For a complete list: http://www.ywampublishing.com/p-470-christian-heroes-then-nowbrcomplete-set-books-1-47.aspx
- Acts of Service
- Clean out closets and donate gently worn clothing items or household goods to one of our Mission Partners.
- Volunteer with one of our Mission Partners for a day. You will need to call ahead to make arrangements and check on age limitations.
- Write a letter or email to one of our missionaries to encourage them and let them know you are praying for them.
- Find someone in your neighborhood who needs help like an elderly neighbor. Offer to rake their yard, plant flowers, or just visit with them.
- Check our Mission Partner websites to find out what items they need. Collect the things as a family and drop them off. (For example, canned goods, baby supplies, hygiene items, etc.)
- Brainstorm together and think of other ways you can serve people and share Jesus’ love with them.
- Host a Summer Party for the Children in your Neighborhood
Here are some resources from Child Evangelism Fellowship which includes invitation, memory verse token, craft ideas, game, song, snack ideas, a story and clear presentation of the Gospel. https://cefpress.com/curriculum/seasonal-and-single-lessons/?utm_source=Child+Evangelism+Fellowship&utm_campaign=b7758b1970-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_05_03&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_3dc3e00084-b7758b1970-47559851
Please email me and let me know if your family participated in the Summer Family Mission Challenge at email@example.com.